Our Wedding Anniversary Counter

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Krish Starts Ice Skating Lessons!

Since the start of the new year, Krish and Arjun have both started some new activities and classes.  One new activity Krish showed an interest in is ice skating!  We attended a friend's birthday party at an ice skating rink back in December, and Krish was hooked!  Although it was his first time on the ice and he was obviously wobbly, he enjoyed every second of it.  When another mom suggested classes with an available Groupon, we jumped on the opportunity!

At the beginning of January, Krish started his first ice skating lessons and has had two classes since.  Given that I grew up ice skating, I felt right at home at the rink and have felt so proud watching Krish enjoy his lessons.  I'm so impressed at how fearless and dedicated he is.  He has progressed so much from class one to class two.  In just one class, he developed so much confidence and adjusted so well to the ice.  By the second class, he was skating without the walker, he was gliding more instead of stomping, and he was able to get up on his own, without help from his instructor, whenever he fell down.  And the best part was that when he did fall down, he just got right back up and kept going every time!  He never got discouraged and after every class, he told me he had a great time and that he was excited about the next class!  It's been a beautiful thing to see.  So far, ice skating class has been our activity and a wonderful opportunity to spend some exclusive time together.  It's been so exciting to watch him take interest in a sport I was passionate about in my youth, and I've been cherishing every moment of it.  Now I can't wait to take Krish to the rink this weekend so Daddy and I can take turns practicing with him!

First Class


Practice with the Walker - 1st class


End of Class Fun


Stomping the Ice - 2nd Class


Skating Exercise: Throw the toy, then skate after it 

and

Persevering After Falls - 2nd Class



End of 2nd Class



No comments:

Post a Comment