| Enjoying his 3rd birthday cookie cake in class! |
Another milestone event that occurred in February was that Krish turned 3 years old! I couldn't believe that my baby was such a big boy now!
He is going to preschool in the mornings, conversing fluently with everyone (he has a unique response for everything), loves reading longer stories with Daddy and Mama, recognizes all letters (upper- and lowercase) and numbers 1-100, can write almost every uppercase letter in the alphabet, can count to 100 and probably more, understands the concepts of basic addition and subtraction, recognizes the time on a digital clock, and loves running, jumping, tumbling, dancing, climbing on forts, sliding down tall slides, doing "tricks" with Daddy, playing golf and basketball, and playing with his cars, board games and card games! Mama and Daddy love playing games with him like, Uno (it was once his favorite during Tricia Masi's Engagement), Spider Man Chutes and Ladders (which is what has helped him recognize higher numbers, count to higher numbers and even add), Bingo, Go Fish, Memory, and other "home-made" counting and alphabet games.
He has also become quite the charmer now with his words. Some of his charming phrases are, "Oooo, I love your dress, Mama! You look so pretty!", "I will help you Mama. Are you happy now?" (cute and innocent tone). He even once told Ba that he loved her sari! Of course my favorites are when he tells us that he loves us and that he loves Arjun. He also loves to smother Daddy and I in a group hug before bedtime and calls it "Family Hug!"
He is such a sweet big brother to Arjun as well. He is absolutely in love with him! He used to say good morning to Daddy and I and ask us how well we slept as soon as he saw us in the morning, and now he only sees Arjun and says good morning to him and gives him a good morning hug. It is so sweet how much he loves him! He loves playing with him and bringing him his toys to play with. He is still very protective of his big boy toys and always switches them out with Arjun for Arjun's baby toys instead. He also loves making Arjun laugh! Watching the two of them interact so sweetly have been some of the happiest moments of my life.
He also loves going to the driving range and golf courses with Daddy, Dada and their golf buddies. He has definitely marked his spot as Daddy's golf partner now and is getting very good at the game! He practices his putting and his swing at home with Daddy all the time! He is also very friendly and loves being the center of attention. He truly is the sweetest little boy and, along with his brother, the pride and joy of our lives. We love him so much and are so impressed with him in every way. He is bright, loving and caring as well. He has such a sweet heart, and I don't know what I would do without him. I feel like I not only have the opportunity to teach him things, but I actually learn so much from him as well. In addition to all the sweetness, he is also definitely in a very independent phase right now. He wants to do everything by himself and in his own way. For instance, he will take his cup out of the lower cabinet, push his step stool up to the fridge, and get his own cup of water. He also gets his own bowl and spoon and cereal out for cereal time in the mornings. He pours his cereal himself, I pour his milk, and he puts his bowl and spoon in the sink for me when he is finished! I think he has learned such great manners in school! He also learned how to use the restroom all by himself at school and doesn't want Daddy's or my help for anything in terms of dressing and undressing. "No, I do it all by myself" is also one of his favorite phrases right now! The challenges with the independent phase are that, at times, he doesn't want to do what we want him to do when we want him to do it. That is being a three year old for sure, and it is definitely part of growing up! Nonetheless, he is our sweet, loving, little man, and we cherish every moment and experience we have with him!

Aww, so sweet! It's so much fun to read this and know what we have to look forward to for Keshav! Thanks for posting :)
ReplyDelete